AixBOMS Server Model
Hierarchical Server Model With Different Performance Levels
The AixBOMS server is available in different performance classes in order to meet varying customer requirements. The technological basis is identical for each of these; the functional range of the lower class is always completely contained in the next higher class. As an "out-of-the-box" solution, we offer the pre-configured KMU server. The other server classes are completely upgradeable, i.e. when the scope of functions is extended, it is possible to progress smoothly into the next class up. Some of the coupling and application modules shown below require the "Standard" or "Enterprise" server class. For details please refer to the corresponding module descriptions.
Basic Features common to all AixBOMS Server Classes:
- Base technologies (SQL, ODBC/JDBC, XML, JEE, Eclipse IDE, Groovy)
- Professional database system RDBMS Oracle 11gR2 (Oracle 12c as of AixBOMS 9.1 SP8)
- Application Server Apache Tomcat/JBoss
- National Language Support (NLS), Data Translation
- Workflow engine with role, activity and status models
- Integrated print and reporting manager (BIRT), dashboards (BIRT)
- 27 meta object classes, nearly 200 CI classes, n:m relations with attributes
- Master data classes for companies, persons, locations, organization, time object, areas, …
- Business data classes for contracts, costs, cost centers
- Access to documents and images
- Template and article functionality for catalogue and product definitions
- Data engine for CSV and XLS export
The Slim Server is the smallest server which can be used for setting up tailor-made solutions.
- Load interface for master data and products
- Basic administration
- All client variants: Web, Navigator
The Standard Server is the most sought-after server for setting up central IT repositories, configuration management databases (CMDB) and specific function solutions in this environment (IP address management, cable management, business service management, etc.). In the context of the introduction project, the AixBOMS system can be adapted to the customer's individual requirements and corresponding environment, on the basis of the standard server core.
- Functionality for extended plausibility checks (Business Rules)
- Database view interface: Simple Database Integrator (SDI)
- Customization and development option with standard tools based on Eclipse IDE
The Enterprise Server is the flagship in the AixBOMS server fleet. It is used in environments which place high demands on performance, flexibility and individual adaptability. In the context of the introduction project, the AixBOMS system can be adapted to the customer's individual requirements and corresponding environment, on the basis of the standard server core.
- Framework for AixBOMS wizards and assistants, development
- Support of RDBMS Oracle EE (EE=Enterprise Edition), scaling, clustering
- Full multi-tenancy capability on granular object basis (data zones)